Bell Pepper Mini Quiche is a great make ahead option.
Eat them fresh from the oven and freeze half to have for later.
I like to add spinach or chopped broccoli to change up the Bell Pepper Mini Quiche recipe.
Serves: 12 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Bell Pepper Mini Quiche Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 8 large omega‑3 eggs
- 4 bell peppers (yellow, green, and red), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
Bell Pepper Mini Quiche Directions
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Brush a 12-cup muffin tin with the grapeseed oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the bell peppers, salt, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne and stir to combine.
- Divide the egg mixture among the muffin cups, filling them just below the rim.
- Place the muffin tin on a rimmed baking sheet and transfer it to the oven.
- Bake, rotating once, until the quiches are puffy and brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Simply reheat in the Toaster Oven at 325°F until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 mini quiche): Calories 145, Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 300 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 11 g, Carbohydrates 8 g, Sodium 586 mg
While we are on the subject of Toaster Ovens (sort of) I thought that I would share this article on 5 Common Mistakes People Make While Using A Toaster Oven.
A little excerpt about my favorite Toaster Ovens is included but mostly it is about how to avoid a fire and other mistakes.
The bit about me:
I asked Dr. Ho what she likes about Toaster Ovens. She liked the idea that her children can easily warm or cook something with this tool in their dorm room. Her choice is the reasonably priced BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven. I reviewed this one and several others in the Best Microwave Toaster Oven 2017 – Buyer’s Guide. Editor choice was the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven.
If you like this recipe then you may also like these other recipes.
- Vegetable Hash Fried Eggs
- Ginger Spice Smoothie
- Rice Protein Shake
- Grilled Trout with Cilantro Mint Chutney
- Thai Tofu and Avocado Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing
- Broccoli Rabe with Hot Italian Sausage
- Hearty Greens over Soba Noodles
- Vegetable Curry
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Greek Chicken Thighs with Artichokes and Olives
- Wild Mushroom Saute
These recipes are friendly to the following Dr. Hyman Plans:
Eat Fat, Get Thin
Will you try the quiche recipe? What is your favorite breakfast to have on hand for a quick grab and go option?
Please let me know in the comments below.
16 thoughts on “Bell Pepper Mini Quiche Recipe”
This is a perfect breakfast recipe which I am looking forward to trying and starting the day with it! Great recipe, Elise.
It is my pleasure to do so.
Looks to be a marvellous recipe.
I’m glad to hear you mention safety. Don’t know if you got to hear about it in the USA, but in the UK a small fridge fire got out of control and gutted a 24 storey block of flats, with over 100 dead. Google “Grenfell tower fire”.
Joy – Blogging After Dark
No, I did not hear about it. That is just awful. Appliances can be hazardous if we do not take care of them properly.
Those Quiches look so good Elise and I will have to add them to my Meal Plan 🙂
They are yummy and very easy too.
They are super yummy.
I think my sister would like this recipe! I’m not usually a fan of quiche but this looks really good!
It is quite good. I hope that you will pass on to your sister. FYI, the consistency is a bit different than traditional quiche so it is possible that you would like it too.
Great recipe, but I actually really enjoyed the link to the 5 common mistakes while using toaster ovens link. Had no idea so many incidents have happened involving them and small appliances. I’ll definitely have to be more careful when cooking up some pizza bagels 🙂
I am just happy that you found something that you liked 🙂
OMG, these look amazing! I love quiche and these are healthier than my usual version. I am going to try these this weekend!
I will be very excited to hear your feedback.
The food looks delicious. You want to jump in the page and eat it all
Thank you. I will keep trying to post food worthy of jumping on the page 🙂